|We have an excellent tour planned for you this year at Hillcrest where learning is fun!|
Field trips begin Sept. 16 and continue through November 25 and are available each Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Trip includes:
|WAGON RIDE :||Ride through the orchard
Beside the pond with Giant Man Eating Catfish
Through the woods featuring Land of Oz characters
Ends at the Nature Trail. Trail through the woods & along the creek filled with scenes from nursery rhymes & fairy tales.
|APPLE MUSEUM:||Guided tour through the children's apple museum complete with Johnny Appleseed and a room dedicated to the Honey Bee. Exit through the dizzying vortex tunnel.|
|PETTING FARM:||Each person has a chance to feed and pet farm animals (Note: Animals are not in cages. This is a hands on experience). Hand washing facilities afterward|
|COW MILKING:||Each person has opportunity to milk our cow, Buttercup. And meet "Barney" the talking Bull.|
|EDUCATIONAL VIDEO:||Professional video covering all aspects of apple farming at Hillcrest Orchards|
|POULTRY:||Hold a just hatched chick.|
- See life as it was in the early 1900's. As you walk through the 10-room Farmhouse Museum.
- Each tour participant receives: 1 free apple and 1 free cup cider(pasteurized).
- Picnic facilities and outdoor toilets are available. We take care of your garbage.
- Glass observation bee hive inside market.
- Bees are important to our orchard, but bee stings can be dangerous to those who are allergic to them. Please be aware of any bee sting allergies among your students and/or staff and be prepared to render any emergency first aid that may be needed.
- Tours take 1 & 1/2 hour.
- Children's play area with giant slides adjacent to picnic area available for children to play after the tour is finished.
- Many items for sale inside the market for $1.00 & up geared toward school ages.
- Pig Races: End your tour by cheering on your favorite pag at our famous pig races.
TOUR COSTS. $5.00 PER PERSON
Note: This rate is available to pre-scheduled groups of 15 or more only.
NO CANCELLATIONS PLEASE. COME RAIN OR SHINE! WAGONS ARE COVERED. If you must cancel please let us know as soon as possible so another school can use your space. We do get booked early, so we advise reserving your time as soon as possible.
NOTES TO TEACHERS & LEADERS: Please be on time as groups are scheduled every 30 minutes. Have all your party counted & money collected when you arrive. Please have one person designated to pay for everyone in your group including parents. This is a real working farm so dress appropriately.
We require teachers & parents to pay for their tours each time they take one, due to the costs that we must meet. We hope that you will understand our policy and we sincerely appreciate your cooperation.